We have partnered with Morinville Veterinary Clinic to help these furry friends find their furever home! Click the links below to meet the pets available for adoption.
Available for Adoption:
If you are interested in adopting please click below to have a look at the adoptable animals. If you would like to know more about the adoption process please contact the clinic and we will be glad to help you!
Each year, over 2.7 million adoptable dogs and cats are euthanized in North America, simply because too many pets come into shelters and too few people consider adoption when looking for a pet. There are lots of good reasons to adopt rather than buy a pet. Here are a few of them:
- You will save a life – The number of euthanized animals could be reduced dramatically if more people adopted pets instead of buying them. When you adopt, you save a loving animal by making them part of your family and open up shelter space for another animal who might desperately need it.
- You will get a great animal – Animal shelters and rescue groups are brimming with happy, healthy pets just waiting for someone to take them home. Most shelter pets wound up there because of a human problem like a move or a divorce, not because the animals did anything wrong. Many are already housetrained and used to living with families.
- Adoption will cost you less – Usually, when you adopt a pet, the cost of spay/neuter, first vaccinations (and sometimes even microchipping!) is included in the adoption price, which can save you some of the upfront costs of adding a new member to your family. Depending on the animal, you may also save on housebreaking and training expenses.
- It’s a way to fight puppy mills – If you buy a dog from a pet store, online seller or flea market, you’re almost certainly getting a dog from a puppy mill. Puppy mills are factory-style breeding facilities that put profit above the welfare of dogs. Animals from puppy mills are housed in shockingly poor conditions with improper medical care and are often very sick and behaviorally troubled as a result. The moms of these puppies are kept in cages to be bred over and over for years, without human companionship and with little hope of ever joining a family. And after they’re no longer profitable, breeding dogs are simply discarded — either killed, abandoned or sold at auction. These puppy mills continue to stay in business through deceptive tactics — their customers are unsuspecting consumers who shop in pet stores, over the internet or through classified ads. Puppy mills will continue to operate until people stop supporting them. By adopting a pet, you can be certain you aren’t giving them a dime.
- Your home will thank you – Many of the pets from shelters and rescues are already housetrained, which means you’re not only saving a pet’s life, you may be saving your rug. Adopting a mature pet not only gives older animals a second chance, it often means introducing them to your family will be much easier.
- All pets are good for your health, but adoptees offer an extra boost – Not only do animals give you unconditional love, but they have been shown to be psychologically, emotionally and physically beneficial to their companions. Caring for a pet can provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment and lessen feelings of loneliness. And when you adopt, you can also feel proud about helping an animal in need!
- Adoption helps more than just one animal – Overburdened shelters take in millions of stray, abused, and lost animals every year, and by adopting an animal, you’re making room for others. Not only are you giving more animals a second chance, but the cost of your adoption goes directly towards helping those shelters better care for the animals they take in!
- You will change a homeless animal’s whole world – And by doing that, you’ll get a new best friend out of the deal. Seriously, what could be better than that?