We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Dental Focus Season at Mission Ridge Animal Hospital was a huge success this year! We had our first annual ‘Dental Focus Night’ where we opened up the clinic to clients, shared coffee, tea and sweets (not so good for our teeth!) and discussed dental hygiene for our pets (great for their teeth!). At our Focus Night our […]
Animals have many fears but one of the most common is the fear of loud noises such as thunder and fireworks. Pets can have an array of reactions to loud noises including shaking, hiding, whining, and destruction of furniture and bolting. These unfortunate reactions can cause both pet and owner stress, but don’t worry, there […]
It was a long hard year for our family. We had gone through a series of tragedies and stressful events that no family should have to experience in such a short period of time. The final event to hit us that year was the loss of our beloved yellow Lab “Charlie”. He had an unexpected […]
Hi. I am Hector, a 3 year old Golden Retriever. A few weeks ago my mom who works at Mission Ridge Animal Hospital told me that I have pretty stinky breath and that I should have my teeth cleaned. She also said that I have some tartar and gingivitis, whatever that means! Last week the […]
The first question you will likely have is, “what the heck is gingivostomatitis?!!!” Gingivostomatitis is inflammation of the gums and the entire oral cavity. It is recognized by severe redness and inflammation of the tissues in the mouth. Ulcers are commonly found in the mouth, on the lips and the tongue. Signs that can be […]
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 780-458-3833. We will take a history of your pet from outside of your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturdays 9:00 - 2:00 pm and closed on Sundays.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Mission Ridge Animal Hospital