We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
The snow is gone, the grass is starting to green, flowers are starting to bloom…has spring really sprung? With the new life that comes with each spring we at Mission Ridge often get to enjoy an influx of puppies in all shapes and sizes. The question remains though, how do you make that decision? What […]
The American Veterinary Society of Animal Behaviour (AVSAB) has identified that the primary and most important time for puppy socialization is the first three months of life. During this time, puppies should be safely exposed to new people, other pets, and environmental stimuli. Caution must be taken to not over stimulate the puppies, which could […]
Have you ever seen a great pet picture on Instagram or Facebook and wished you could take the same amazing picture of your pet? Taking pictures of pets can be a challenge. That cute pose or situation you find your pet in is usually short lasting, the minute you reach for your phone or camera […]
With the cold weather finally upon us, it’s time to start thinking about the welfare of our furry friends when outside. Winter brings a whole new set of precautions, including: Ice Melting Chemicals and Salt: Chemicals used on sidewalks and driveways can be harmful to the pads and feet, causing burns and open wounds. Try […]
We would like to update you on how the 2 cats that were abandoned in our parking lot this summer are doing. As many of you are aware we had 2 cats left in our parking lot by our dumpster in a big plastic tub that was duct taped shut. We are happy to share […]
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 780-458-3833. We will take a history of your pet from outside of your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturdays 9:00 - 2:00 pm and closed on Sundays.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Mission Ridge Animal Hospital