We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Here at Mission Ridge, we see hundreds of pets a year, and some more often than others. While we do our best, it is sometimes hard to remember our experiences with our patients. Thorough notes can help jog our memories, but nothing quite works as well as a picture! For the past few months, we have been doing our best to take photos of the patients that come into the clinic, and attach it to their file. Maybe one day we will have a photo of EVERY patient that we see! A lofty goal? You can help! If your pet has not had his/her photo taken here, or you are unsure (sometimes we take their pictures when they are in the back for treatments or stay with us for procedures) then feel free to send us one!
Our only requirements are:
Each photo contains only 1 pet: group photos are fun, but we attach the picture to your pet’s individual file, so we want to be able to distinguish them from the others. If you have multiple pets, please send multiple individual pictures
Each photo shows your pet’s face: we want to be able to recognize your pet, so while a far-off photo of your dog on the horizon with a sunset in the background is beautiful and artistic, it doesn’t really help us!
Correct information: please include your pet’s name, and your name and phone number that would be on your file so that we are able to locate the file to attach it to.
Another benefit of having photos on our files is when pets go missing. Sometimes we have people bring in found pets to scan for microchips, or call us because the pet has a tag connected to us. It is extremely helpful to have a photo on file to confirm that we have the right pet!
If you are interested in sending us a photo, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that the pictures are for your pet’s file. And thanks in advance!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 780-458-3833. We will take a history of your pet from outside of your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturdays 9:00 - 2:00 pm and closed on Sundays.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Mission Ridge Animal Hospital