We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
“Stanley” came to us at Mission Ridge Animal Hospital this winter during a cold spell. He was not in great shape with frostbitten ears and facing some malnutrition. Despite his obvious health issues, “Stanley” had the sweetest disposition and we were eager to get him back to normal. MRAH kept him for a while so he could undergo the necessary rehabilitation and treatment before prepping him to find a forever home. He spent his days in the kennels and his nights and weekends rotating in the homes of clinic staff where it was noted how much he enjoys watching hockey. This is how the name Stanley came about!
During our time rehabilitating Stanley, we were also treating a little dog named; Lexi. Lexi and Stanley spent time together in the kennels, with Lexi’s devoted owner Lynette by their side. Lexi was ill and needing IV Fluid Therapy and Medical treatment, Lynette was present every step of the way; holding her puppy in her lap. With regular visits from Stanley it wasn’t long before she too absorbed his sweetness. Sadly Lexi did not make it. After saying Goodbye to her beloved dog, Lynette decided she would adopt Stanley and give him the forever home he deserves.
Stanley & Lynette have since left the Mission Ridge community and now reside in Toronto. We have been lucky enough to keep in touch with them; just recently Lynette sending us a great video of Stanley turning on and off a light which we are excited to share with you!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 780-458-3833. We will take a history of your pet from outside of your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturdays 9:00 - 2:00 pm and closed on Sundays.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Mission Ridge Animal Hospital