We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Notice: Potential Link Between Certain Dog Foods and Heart Disease
July 8, 2019
Update on FDA Investigation Involving Potential Link Between Certain Dog Foods and Heart Disease:
We have received several calls from concerned owners regarding a recent statement issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA); this report involves an investigation into a possible link between certain diets and a form of canine heart disease called Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM).
DCM causes an enlarged heart in dogs. Affected animals may cough, have decreased exercise tolerance, have difficulty breathing or episodes of collapse. It is interesting to note that there has been an increase in reports to the FDA of cases of dogs with DCM that are not typically genetically predisposed to developing this disease.
The FDA has identified 16 brands of dog food which were most frequently associated with the reported cases of DCM. These diets were found to be “grain-free”, containing peas, lentils, other legumes and/or potatoes. The animal protein sources varied widely in these diets. The FDA has not determined the exact connection between these diets and developing DCM.
If you have any concerns that your dog may be exhibiting any clinical signs associated with DCM, please contact Mission Ridge Animal Hospital at 780.458.3833 to speak with a member of our veterinary team.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 780-458-3833. We will take a history of your pet from outside of your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturdays 9:00 - 2:00 pm and closed on Sundays.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle. We do have our online store available, which can be accessed from our website by clicking the Online Store button.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Mission Ridge Animal Hospital